Join Missy Strauss, co-host of Radio Green Earth, as she gets a home energy audit and advice on how to “green” her house. We’ll also hear from Super Green Solutions about their solution to eco-home retrofits. An air conditioning expert will teach our listeners what consumers need to watch out for when buying a central air-conditioning system and we’ll chat with an FPL expert about the Top Ten Energy Saving Green Tips. And did you know that there’s an inventor who took Thomas Edison’s discoveries and built a box that receives more efficiency from your home electrical system and even saves you money? We’ll be talking about this amazing invention on the show!
We’ll also hear about Jim Jackson’s upcoming venture with the Marshall Foundation’s 2012 Canoe Expedition through the Everglades. He’ll be keeping us updated on their progress via email and cell phone updates! Jim’s part will also rendezvous with wildlife photographer, Carlton Ward, Jr. whose Wildlife Corridor Expedition will also be starting a 1000 mile trek through the Everglades at the same time.
Join us for an hour of environmental news, these feature stories, our green tip-of-the-week, and our environmental events calendar Thursdays at 9 AM on WQCS 88.9 FM and Thursdays 6 PM on Seaview Radio 960 AM, 95.9 FM and 106.9 FM. Also available live at www.radiogreenearth.org and on iTunes.
Click on the link below to listen to the Radio Green Earth’s Podcast:
Green Solutions to Make Your Home More Energy Efficient and Reduce Your Electric Bill.
From our research… we cant find a bigger PV solar System (135KW or 576 of PV solar Panels) that has been supplied and installed on an AUTO dealer in Florida or the East Coast of the USA for that matter.
The leadership shown by Mr. Chuck Schumacher in putting his money where his mouth is, in investing in innovative Green Products from LED Lighting for his showrooms and Parking lots to reduce energy draw to the 576 PV solar panels on his roofs is nothing short of astounding. As many other Dealers and Business leaders are now following suit.
SuperGreen Solutions Vehicle Charging Station
SuperGreen Solutions Solar Panel Array
I commend the Auto industry for developing and marketing alternative and greener forms of transport. However by simply powering our Vehicles of today and tomorrow with energy that is produced by Coal or Gas fired power stations, is merely substituting one fossil fuel for another e.g. Coal for Gasoline. But when electric or Plug in Hybrid vehicles can be powered by Renewable Energy Devices such as Solar Panels and Wind Turbines, the green vehicle concept is crystallized, and our air that we leave for our children will be a bit cleaner.
This is not just a case of Solar power being able to save money that would be paid to the Utility company, ( in fact FP&L deserves accolades for helping make this project possible due to their Solar Rebate incentive program ). This is a glowing example that shows that Solar power is viable with a 4- 5 year Return on investment and 25year Warranty Period, it shows Solar power makes sense. It is also proof that Auto dealers can lead the way and prove that electric vehicles can be greener than and CO2 free and that the surplus power that is not used to charge E.V.’s can be fed back into the Grid to power other needs elsewhere.
List of Products used:
- 576 x 235 Watt Canadian Solar PV panels, with 12 x Fronius 10/12 KVA Inverters, Over 5184 feet of Racking and Rail, Miles of Cable.
- Over 36 People worked on this project so it is a great example of job creation and job retention and up to 16 Installers were working on the roofs at any given time.
- The system is spread over 4 roofs as the total footprint for the 576 PV panels amounts to over 10,000 Square feet.
- The System can generate over 135kw per hour or around 690 KWH per day equating to 25,3940.22 KW per year.
- Since Auto Dealers are increasingly, marketing Electric vehicles or Plug in Hybrids – This 576 PV panel solar System can generate enough power to charge between 50 and 80 Chevy Volts from 10% charge to 100% every day ( or enough to charge around 21,000 Chevy Volts per year ).
- The system would Generate over $33,000 Dollars in energy savings in its first year alone.
- The Compounded Dollar savings the system will create in energy savings over the 25Year warrantee period of the panels, will run into savings worth well over 1.5 Million Dollars. ( Not bad for around a $200,000 Investment after Rebates and tax credits.)